In this blog post i will show you a complete tutorial on how to schedule task on your windows 10 system using Task Scheduler tool.
Before we begin with the tutorial let us know what is Task Scheduler is ?
Task Scheduler is an inbuilt tool in Windows 10 Operating system, which enables a user to define a scheduled task to launch of specific programs or scripts at pre-defined times or after specified time intervals. It helps Schedule computer tasks to run automatically.
You can use the Task Scheduler to execute tasks such as starting an application, sending an email message, or showing a message box etc.
Where to find Task Scheduler ?
In Windows 10 use the Windows Key + S and you will be prompted a search bar. Now type Task Scheduler and Run the application.
How to create a basic task using Task Scheduler ?
Example showing to create a basic task like opening programs (Notepad, Browsers, Applications) etc. To start a scheduled run of Adobe Photoshop follow the steps.
- Open Task Scheduler
- Right Click on Task Scheduler or In the Right side of the application select Create Task
- Now you will be prompted a new screen
- Provide the Task Name
- Click on Triggers
- Click On New
- Now select the options how you want a task to be triggered (One Time, Daily, Weekly etc.)
- Click OK
- Click on Action Tab
- Click New
- Select Action
- Give the Path of the Program File( I have given the Path of Adobe Photoshop Setup File)
- Click OK
- In the “Add arguments” field, you can specify arguments to run the task with special instructions.
- Now you are all set and click on OK to finish the task or can choose the other option(Condition and Settings) for advance settings.
- Check your Scheduled task by going to main menu of the Task Scheduler Application and can check your Task
- Now wait for the Scheduled time and the task will automatically run or executed.
In this tutorial you are guided of scheduling a very basic task. You can also create an advanced task and also can run, edit, and delete a task using Task Scheduler.