Although you are using Google account from years, unfortunately haven’t noticed a very amazing signing feature which allows, you can even login to your google account without entering your account password. So let me describe what is this feature and why you should use this ?
Sometimes users are much more concern about their security and keeps their account password very long character. If you don’t want to enter your password each time you sign in to your Google Account, you can get a Google prompt sent to your phone instead. Google prompts are push notifications that receives on your mobile phone which help confirm it’s you. When you turn on the option to sign in with your phone, and its an other way to prove it’s your account if you forget your password. And by enabling the sign in with your phone instead of a password makes it easy and as well more secure.
Note: You can still use your password if your phone isn’t handy
How to Enable this option ?
For Android Phones:
- Go to your Google Account
- In the navigation panel, tap Security.
- Choose use your phone to sign in Signing into Google Field
- And follow the on-screen steps, as shown in the GIF.
- To enable this feature you need an iPhone 5s and up with Touch ID.
- The Google app or Gmail app.
- Follow all the steps as mentioned for Android setup.
Note: Your phone should have screen lock enabled to use the option.
Sign in with your phone
- Now sign in to your Google Account , use your email id or phone number
- Tap Next. You’ll get a reminder to check your phone.
- Unlock your Android phone.
- On the “Trying to sign in?” prompt, tap Yes.
Imp: If your phone isn’t handy you can select Use password or other options on the sign-in screen.